Here's looking at you world!!!

Here's looking at you world!!!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Great Nonnie's Cookies Post 2


Step 1: Girls mixing filling Step 2: Waiting to bake Step 3: fresh baked cookies

First of all, Happy New Year!!!!!! Wow, can't believe it's 2011!!!! Have you been on pins on needles waiting to see how the cookies came out??? Well, wait no longer.................I made them yesterday, and the girls said they were verrrrrrry good, after they gulped down several.


I will offer a tip if you are going to make these, when you get the dough from the fridge and are ready to roll it out, make sure your work surface is well floured, but not overed floured. The dough is very sticky, I think because of the sour cream. The recipe said to roll it out to 1/8 inch thick, but I rolled it a little thicker and then stretched out the dough squares by hand to make them thinner. Also don't worry about not having enough filling, because the recipe offers more then needed, I think - - - If I did everthing right. So you don't have to be frugal with the teaspoon of filling per cookie, you can use slightly more. I even let my girls help me fill the squares, they had a lot of fun with this.


I love the taste!!! They are like a little slice of nut filled pastry heaven from the past!!!! Enjoy, and if you make these, I would luv to read your comments!!!! next post has the recipe.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad they came out well :) I hope you all have a great first day back to school tomorrow, "see" you in the monday morning meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute picture from a children author of Concord, Ca.


    http://www.aroundmyfamilytable.com

    ReplyDelete