Here's looking at you world!!!

Here's looking at you world!!!

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Andi's first joke

Today as my three-year-old and I were driving in our minivan to pick up Jenna from tumbling class, Andi asks me, "Mommy, why did the chicken cross the road with his shoes on?"
So with interest and a smile beginning to spread across my face, I replied, "Why?", expecting her to tell me the punchline.
Instead I was surprised when she said, "I'm not telling you mommy, you are supposed to guess."
With this response the smile that was beginning on my face turned into a full blown grin followed by a giggle. I then replied, but honey, I don't know why the chicken crossed the road with his shoes on."
She was not happy with this response and told me again, a little more sternly this time, "mommy you have to guess!"
So thinking I will teach her the proper way to tell a joke at a later date, and instead just share in the simple joy of her own special way of telling jokes. I responded with, "did he cross the road to get to the other side?" And that was the response she was looking for! With that she shouted, "yes!" and began to boil over with giggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment